No products in the basket.
This agreement is a binding agreement between the individual or the entity identified in your Dook It Yourself (“DIY”) account (“You” or “Publisher”) and DookShop.
This Agreement provides the terms and conditions of your participation in the DIY digital publication and distribution service (the “Service”) and it consists of the following:
- The terms set forth below;
- Dookshop’s Content Usage
- Other such additional terms and conditions which may govern your use of Dookshop
- You accept this agreement, its terms as binding on you by clicking the “I Agree” or “Register” button or any option to that effect, or by using this program.
About Us & Parties
- The program is operated by The DookShop Limited, a company registered in Nigeria () whose registered office address is at 36 Adedeji Obasa Street. Any contract of purchase made through Dookshop’s website is with the aforementioned entity.
- You can write to us at hello at dookshop dot com, our official twitter handle is @Dookshop, Whatsapp Instant Messaging app mobile line is +234-80-3726-0076.
- This service will go through changes, as well as this Agreement. DookShop reserves the right to update these terms and conditions and other additional terms in its sole discretion, without notice to you.
- You will be notified of changes through the email registered/associated with your account. Amended terms and additional terms are binding and effective on the day stated. You are entitled to withdraw from the program if you do not accept the changes.
Registration & Use
- You must be registered to use this program. You will need to use a contact email address and password.
- Parents or Guardians can register an account and be the publisher for a minor’s digital book.
- The use of our services are for your own individual, personal, non-transferable and non-commercial use. We may at any time limit the number of devices that you may access the Services from simultaneously.
- Save as expressly provided in these Terms or permitted in the Additional Terms, you may not copy, reproduce, sub-license, republish, distribute, transmit, publicly perform, display or make available, alter, adapt, interfere with, create derivative works from, counterfeit or paste to any other website or webpage, by any means or in any manner, any content, information, material, software or any other items and services provided or made available on or through this Website and/or the Services, or do anything else with such content. You acknowledge that modification of any content, information, material, software or any other items or use of any of the same for any purpose not expressly permitted by these terms and conditions may breach our and others’ copyright and other proprietary rights.
- Information provided must be accurate and updated as long as you use the program. You are solely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your account username and password.
- Any contract for purchase of ebooks through the Website will be made with us and is governed by our Terms of Sale and Content Usage Rules, as well as these terms and conditions. We may immediately suspend or cancel your account without notice to you if we have reason to believe that any of our Terms are not being complied with.
- Save as expressly provided in these terms and conditions or permitted in the Additional Terms, you may not copy, reproduce, sub-license, republish, distribute, transmit, publicly perform, display or make available, alter, adapt, interfere with, create derivative works from, counterfeit or paste to any other website or webpage, by any means or in any manner, any content, information, material, software or any other items and services provided or made available on or through this Website and / or the Services, or do anything else with such content. You acknowledge that modification of any content, information, material, software or any other items or use of any of the same for any purpose not expressly permitted by these terms and conditions may breach our and others’ copyright and other proprietary rights.
- You agree that we will have the right in our sole discretion to refuse, delete or take down any content you provide to the Website and / or the Services.
- You agree that we may transmit the content you submit to the Website and / or the Services unencrypted and over whatever networks we deem appropriate and make whatever changes and adaptations are in our opinion appropriate for editorial, technical or other purposes, including for purposes of conforming the content to the technical requirements of connecting networks and devices.
- Dookshop must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted, and the contract formed. Once payment has been authorized Dookshop will confirm your order by sending an email to you at the email address you provide. The order confirmation email will include your name, the order number and the total price. Acceptance of the payment by Dookshop will bring into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms.
- Dookshop ebooks are free of Digital Rights Management (DRM-free), but are subject to the terms of this license. You own the file once you’ve downloaded it, and you can use it on any of your devices in perpetuity. It has visible and invisible watermarks, which contain your name and email address. You are prohibited from uploading Dookshop ebooks to any website or file-sharing network, or in any other way making them available for distribution, sharing, copying, downloading, or reselling. Royalties from every sale will be paid to the author: if you’re reading someone else’s copy, then please buy your own license from Dookshop.
- All Nigeria naira prices displayed on the Dookshop are inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) at the current rate of 5%.
- Dookshop operates a complaints handling procedure which is used to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com
Limitation of Liability
- Dookshop will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to Dookshop under this condition and Dookshop shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to make available to you the digital book that you purchased through our program.
- DookShop will not be liable to you for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations under this Agreement caused by any event or circumstance beyond its control, including, but not limited to, denial-of-service attacks, insurrection, fires, flood, storm, explosions, acts of God, war, terrorism, and labour conditions.
- The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. Dookshop shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this website or its contents. Dookshop is providing this site and its contents (including any downloadable data or software) on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, Dookshop makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site. All liability of Dookshop howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- Neither Dookshop nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
- These terms and conditions, together with the current Dookshop website prices, delivery details and Dookshop contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the goods to you by Dookshop. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by a director of Dookshop. In particular nothing said by any sales person on behalf of Dookshop should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorized representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by Dookshop. Dookshop shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
Other Provisions & Applicable Law
- If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, that provision will be deemed to be restated to reflect as nearly as possible the original intentions of the parties in accordance with applicable law, and the remainder of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of the party’s rights to subsequently enforce the provision.
- The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern this Agreement and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and DookShop relating to this Agreement or the Program.
Updated: February 24, 2016